The importance of having a good domain name is that if you want your website, product and services to be successful then having a good domain name should be top of your to do list.
The product or service that you are doing will have to be around your domain name in some way for instance if your website is about gardening and you have a new domain name which is about fishing then you will have problems with traffic, so have your domain name on the same line as your site.
6 months old What you should look for when you are going to buy your domain name is to try and get one, which is over 6 months old, and you will be able to get a good check done on it.
Here is our list of 10 best domain registrars in 2019:
- GoDaddy is a highly popular domain registrar with 17 million users.
- Namecheap was named “Best Domain Name Registrar” in 2010 and “Most Popular Domain Name Registrar” in 2012.
- Bluehost is not only a great place to register a domain; it’s also a great place to host your website. Over 2 million websites are hosted with Bluehost.
- 9 million domains are registered with HostGator. Like Bluehost, they are primarily a web hosting service provider.
- Name.com controls over 2 million domains out of the 16.5 million domains owned by their parent company, Right side.
- 1&1 has been around for ages in the domain registrar world; they were founded in 1988. With 1&1, .com sites are only $0.99 per year per domain.
- Register.com manages 2.5 million domains and offers extensive online marketing tools.
- InMotion Hosting offers automatic domain renewal and tons of different web hosting options.
- Google Domains is currently in the beta stage, but it’s still a great domain registrar. They allow you to register your domain for up to ten years, and WHOIS privacy protection is included with every eligible domain.
Instructions must be respected when you are buying a domaine name:
Keyword rich: The domain should be short and keyword rich in other words try not to get a long domain name that is hard to pronounce and not brandable.
Indexed in Google: You will want to make sure that the domain name that you buy is not banned, blacklisted or sandboxed by Google. To find out about a name you might be interested in go to Google.com and enter the search term below. Site:
http:// domainname. com
As long as the name shows up in the listings you will know it is indexed.
Page rank: This is another very important part of your domain name as Google ranks a score to each page and it ranges from 0 to 10 (the higher the better).Ideally you should for a page rank 3 to make anything from your proposed site, but starting off with 1 and 2 is still not a bad start when you are just starting out.
Valid: When you are buying a name you will have to make sure it is valid so double check the name and you could use the below tool.
http:// valid rank.com
Traffic: Any name that you go for you will want it to attract traffic and we all know how that is important to your business, I would also put it through the Alexa ranking for your site and that way you will have a good double check.
Domain deals: So where do we go to find domain names, I would look in eBay just enter the search term “domain names” and click search. Now what I have found in the past is some people selling the domain names do not know the real worth of some names so you could pick up a bargain. So with what I have told you about domain names go now and get one.